THIS WEBSITE IS OUTDATED
Please click here to go to our brand new website.
This website has outdated products and pricing, and you're unable to sign up for a new account if you don't already have one.
If you place an order here, you won't earn reward points, and your order pricing may be amended before we process your order.
If you'd like to know more about the changes, click here.
> Engine & Drivetrain
> Crate Engines
> Slant Six
Slant 6 225 Standard & Performance Crate Engine
Slant Six 225 Standard and Performance Crate Engines
• The Slant six engine has been around many years and is well known for its strength and reliability.
• Starting its life as a tractor motor in the early fifties, it was also used in Russian army tanks, one being fitted in each corner to power the tracks.
• Chrysler has offered the slant six in every model off the production line in the US and here in Australia.
• When first introduced here in Australia in 1960 to be fitted to the S series Valiant, it was the most powerful engine on the market. The only close competitor was Mercedes Benz at 3 to 4 times the price tag.
• The Slanter held its own right up to the release of the Hemi 6. Even then the 245 was only marginally better.
• In the US the Slant is still a very popular power plant and only ceased production in the 1990’s.
• As the Slant six finds it origin in the States we have no problem obtaining good parts to re-build them to the same standard Chrysler built them themselves.
- Block acid cleaned & crack tested
- Block bored, honed & new pistons fitted
- Con rods cleaned, checked & resized
- Checked/Replaced con rod bolts and nuts
- Tri metal big ends, mains and camshaftbearings
- USA made hardened valve inserts fitted
- Dual row roller timing set (steel billet gears)
- Crank crack tested & ground Viper Camshaft re-profiled and hardened
- Hastings Piston Rings
- Neoprene rear crankshaft main seal
- Three way angle cut valve faces
- New solid Mopar Bar Bell Lifters
- All engine welch plugs replaced with brass plugs
- Assembled with hi-quality gaskets
- Engine built to run LPG or ULP
Car For Sale